|Daniel Kurovský (LW)||Czech U20||1.241379||3/4/1998||6’3||L|
|Ondrej Najman (C)||Czech U20||1.157895||1/30/1998||6’1||R|
|Jiri Karafiat (RW/C)||Czech U20||0.805556||7/7/1998||6’2||R|
|Dominik Lakatos (C/LW)||Czech||0.305556||4/8/1997||5’11||L|
|Milan Davidek (F)||Czech U20||0.606061||5/16/1998||6’2||L|
|Samuel Solenský (C/RW)||Czech U20||1.194444||8/25/1998||5’9||L|
|Tomas Gres (F)||Czech2||0.586207||2/16/1996||6’6||L|
|Kristian Reichel (C)||Czech U20||0.857143||6/11/1998||6′||R|
|Vaclav Zidek (C/RW)||Czech U18||1.176471||4/20/1998||6′||R|
|Denis Pätoprstý (RW)||Czech U20||0.772727||11/5/1997||6′||L|
|David Tomasek (C)||Czech||0.3||2/10/1996||6’2||R|
|Robert Havlat (F)||Czech U20||0.257143||2/13/1998||6’2||R|
Dominik Lakatos (C/LW) (150 – 200)
- The Draft Analyst: Hard worker who was rewarded with a flukey goal in the third period after being involved in some of the Czechs’ best opportunities. Lakatos finished with a game-high seven shots on net, but we actually counted a few more. He was strong on the puck and was able to stickhandle in and around traffic. It was an otherwise ugly game for the Czechs in terms of offense, but Lakatos was one of the few forwards who stood out.
Samuel Solenský (C/RW) (100 – 150)
- Solid offense and very young (turned 18 in August) he’s undersized but is willing to go to the dirty areas.
- Hockey’s Future: Above-average in most facets of the game, Solensky has a keen on-ice sense and usually finds the open man. Able to drag the puck just long enough to keep opponents guessing, what he lacks in size is made up for in agility and wherewithal.
Kristian Reichel (C) (150 – 200)
- Reichel, son of former NHLer Robert, is a two-way center with a slight build that will rely on his hockey smarts. He is regarded as a strong skater, good on faceoffs and kills penalties.
Daniel Kurovský (LW) (150 – 200)
- Hockeys Future: Kurovsky is the real gem the scouts will be watching, though, as he has put his 6’3”, 200-pound frame to good use this winter, putting up 42 points in 35 games for Vitkovice’s U20 program. He is a left wing who loves to create danger and bring the puck to the net from the sideboards.
Filip Suchý (LW) (100 – 150)
- Suchy wasn’t rated by Central Scouting, he is only 5’8 and he didn’t represent the Czech Republic in any major tournament. However, he’s got a stocky build, he’s gritty and he’s the top scoring (1.47 PPG in Czech U20) first year draft eligible prospect in this draft. He will likely either go undrafted or selected in the last couple of rounds. Suchy could be a potential steal.
- Jiri Karafiat (RW/C) right winger with good size and plays physical. Could project to be a bottom line player.
- Milan Davidek (F) big forward ranked inside the top 100 European skaters by Central Scouting. Might be worth a late round pick.
- Tomas Gres (F) is a huge forward with decent speed and good offensive instincts but doesn’t play physical and needs work in his own end. In his last draft eligible year and would likely be a long term project
- Vaclav Zidek (C/RW) produced well at lower levels (U18) but had a tough time when he played for the U20 and averaged only .17 PPG.
- Denis Pätoprstý (RW) left hand shot right winger, doubled his point production from last year.
- David Tomasek (C) right hand center in his final draft eligible year played in the CHL two seasons. Averaged just over a point every second game last year.
- Robert Havlat (F) big forward with not much offense.