Eeli Tolvanen (LW) (6 – 15)
- DOB: 1999-04-22 / H: 5’11 / SH: L
- Tolvanen might be the top goal scorer in this years draft … Excellent acceleration and quick release … Needs to improve in the defensive end … Willing to engage physically ….
- Last Word On Sports: Tolvanen has the ability to be a top six winger in the NHL. He will need to improve his strength and continue to work on becoming more well-rounded, but his ability to score goals is something that can not be taught. In terms of a stylistic, but not talent based, comparison Tolvanen plays the game like Phil Kessel of the Pittsburgh Penguins, at least at the offensive end of the ice.
2nd & 3rd Rounders
Joshua Norris (C) DOB: 1999-05-05 / H: 6’1 / SH: L
- Good work ethic & consistent performer … A strong two-way player, nice shot & has high end vision and playmaing ability … Excellent hockey intelligence, coaches player … May sneak into the first round
Shane Bowers (C) DOB: 1999-07-30 / H: 6′ / SH: L
- Speedy two-way forward committed to BU next year … Powerful lower body … Plays physical … Projected to go in the first round …. Redline Scouting Report
Evan Barratt (C) DOB: 1999-02-18 / H: 5’11 / SH: L
- Excellent hockey IQ and instincts … Plays a two-way game is out at the end in any situation … Skating is above average … More of a playmaker than a goal-scorer … He can play a physical game …
Grant Mismash (C) DOB: 1999-02-19 / H: 6′ / SH: L
- Gritty forward with good offensive upside … Skill & physical game is what most scouting reports mention … He’s an average to above average skater … Skilled stickhandler and excellent playmaker … Consistency could be an issue
Scott Reedy (C/RW) DOB: 1999-04-04 / H: 6’1 / SH: R
- Plays an agressive game and has a strong work ethic … Can play in all situations … Good speed …
Late Round Picks
- Zach Solow (RW) – High-end offensive player (1.23 PPG) excellent hands. Good work ethic and high hockey IQ. Two-way forward and plays a strong defensive game as well. He’s on the smaller end for size (5’9 or 5’11 depending upon website) Committed to Northeastern.
- Cole Guttman (C) – High-end speed, hard worker. Good offensive instincts, he can score and setup goals. Responsible defensively.
- Jacob Tortora (LW) – Small (5’8) creative, speedy winger that plays a gritty game. Committed to Boston College.
- Isaac Johnson (C) Johnson is a 6’2 RHS center. Rated 97th by Central Scouting NA Skaters. Good skater, nice hands plays a heavy game. Consistency is an issue and he needs to improve defensively.
- Michael Pastujov (LW) – Speedy creative forward comitted to U of Michigan. He missed most of the year with a shoulder injury and had a down year this year. Has good upside, could be a good risk/reward pick.
- Graham Slaggert (F) – Below average size (5’11), Slaggert is likely to be projected as a bottom six player as he’s an excellent defensive forward. Low-end upside.
- Paul Washe (C) – Physical power forward. Good skater. He likely projects as a bottom six player due to offensive upside. Committed to Western Michigan.
- Mick Messner (LW) – Smart hard-nosed forward, appears to have limited offensive upside.
- Randy Hernandez (RW) – Has excellent speed, would like to see more offense. He is very raw, good upside. He’s Cuban born so relatively new to hockey and has questionable hockey IQ. He hit three straight water bottle flips.